Kids get active and have a blast playing Steal the Bacon, a Recess Enhancement Program (REP) game.
REP Game: Steal the Bacon
Who: Grades K-8
Time: 10 minutes+
Where: Auditorium, cafeteria, gymnasium, hallway, playground
Equipment: Cones or tape
How to Play
- Players line up and stand 6 feet away from each other. Form two teams. Each team lines up on the sidelines.
- The leader will give each player a number. Players must remember their number.
- When players hear their number, they run towards the bacon (cone or tape), tap it with their foot, and run back to their team's line.
- The first player to run back and sit down gets one point.
- The team with the most points wins!
Check for Understanding
- Show your number with your fingers.
- Point to the bacon.
- Have players say their number and point to the person who has their same number.
Conflict Resolution Tip
- Tell players that the score will be rolled over to the next day so there are no winners or losers.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. Asphalt Green, like many nonprofits, has felt the effects of COVID-19. We need your support now more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together.