Get your kids active with our Recess Enhancement Program's (REP) game, Samurai Tag! This tag game is ideal for spaces where kids can really run. It will get the blood pumping and have everyone exhausted by the end!
Who: Grades 3-5
Time: 15 minutes+
Where: Large playground
Equipment: Four cones
How to Play
- Everyone is a “Samurai.”
- Using two fingers, try to tag someone on their knee.
- You can use your hands to protect your knees for three seconds.
- When tagged, take a knee and raise your hand in the air. If another player gives you a high-five, you can rejoin the game.
Check for Understanding
- Where are you allowed to tag?
- How can you rejoin the game?
- Have three people be taggers.
- Help students play Rock-Paper-Scissors to solve any arguments.
- Switch to walking or hopping to lower the energy or if you need to regain control.
- Easy: Tag the shoulders only.
- Medium: Tag the legs only.
- Hard: Tag the elbows only.
You May Also Like:
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. We need your support more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together.