Get your kids active with our Recess Enhancement Program's (REP) game, Red Handed! This circle game will get kids active while also working out the most important muscle of all — the brain!
Who: Grades 3-5
Time: 10 minutes+
Equipment: Coin or small object
How to Play
- Let’s form a circle! 1 student will be “It” and will start in the middle.
- "It” will close his/her eyes for 10 seconds while the other students pass the coin (small object) around the circle.
- “It” will open his/her eyes and will try to guess who has the coin.
- If correct, then the student with the coin was caught “Red-Handed” and will switch places with “It.”
- If “It” is not correct, he/she will do 5 jumping jacks and try again.
Check for Understanding
- How many students are in the middle of the circle?
- What happens when the coin is found?
- "It” is allowed 3 guesses.
- Have students high-five when switching places.
- Create 2 or 3 smaller games.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
Easy: 2 students are "It."
Medium: Pass 2 coins around the circle.
Hard: Have students face away from the circle.
You May Also Like:
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. We need your support more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together.