Round up the kids for some active fun with our Recess Enhancement Program's (REP) modern twist on Duck, Duck, Goose. An added element of competition makes this playground game a crowd favorite.
Take that Spot
Who: Grades kindergarten to 5
Time: 15 minutes+
Where: Small playground
How to Play:
- Form a circle, and select one player to be "it."
- The player selected as "it" will walk around the outside of the circle and tag someone with two fingers on the shoulder.
- The player who is tagged will run in the opposite direction of “it” on the outside of the circle, racing to get back to his or her spot.
- If "it" gets to the spot first, the tagged player becomes the new "it."
- Instruct students to high five when switching places
PLAY: REP IT OUT
EASY: Speed walk.
HARD: Back pedal.
Check out more active recess games from Asphalt Green's REP team: