If you are unable to hold in-person activities, we also offer free trainings on engaging kids in movement through virtual programming. Check out our remote trainings here.
Players work on concentration and get physical activity in Recess Enhancement Program (REP) game Name and Motion.
Name and Motion
Who: Grades K-8
Time: 10 minutes+
Where: Auditorium, cafeteria, classroom, gymnasium, hallway, library, playground
How to Play
- Players form a circle and stand 6 feet away from each other. One player will say his or her name and do a motion or gesture.
- The person on the right of that player will repeat the first player's name and motion.
- The first player's name and motion will be repeated by each person in the circle.
- When it gets back to the first player, everyone will repeat his or her name and motion as a group.
- After the name and motion is said as a group, the cycle starts again with a different player.
Check for Understanding
- What do you do after you say your name?
- What is a gesture?
- Demonstrate different types of motions and gestures before the game starts.
Conflict Resolution Tip
- Have the players practice their motions before the game starts.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
Easy: Have players do one motion.
Medium: Have players do two motions.
Hard: Have players do three motions.
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. Asphalt Green, like many nonprofits, has felt the effects of COVID-19. We need your support now more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together.