Players work on concentration and get physical activity in Recess Enhancement Program (REP) game Name and Motion.
Name and Motion
Who: Grades K-8
Time: 10 minutes+
Where: Auditorium, cafeteria, classroom, gymnasium, hallway, library, playground
How to Play
- Players form a circle and stand 6 feet away from each other. One player will say his or her name and do a motion or gesture.
- The person on the right of that player will repeat the first player's name and motion.
- The first player's name and motion will be repeated by each person in the circle.
- When it gets back to the first player, everyone will repeat his or her name and motion as a group.
- After the name and motion is said as a group, the cycle starts again with a different player.
Check for Understanding
- What do you do after you say your name?
- What is a gesture?
- Demonstrate different types of motions and gestures before the game starts.
Conflict Resolution Tip
- Have the players practice their motions before the game starts.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
Easy: Have players do one motion.
Medium: Have players do two motions.
Hard: Have players do three motions.