If you are unable to hold in-person activities, we also offer free trainings on engaging kids in movement through virtual programming. Check out our remote trainings here.
Children exercise their minds and bodies in this popular Recess Enhancement Program (REP) game, Jedi Mind Trick.
Jedi Mind Trick
Who: Grades 3-8
Time: 15 minutes+
Where: Auditorium, cafeteria, classroom, gymnasium, hallway, library, playground
How to Play
- Players form a circle standing 6 feet away from each other. Place a cone in front of each player.
- The leader will pick the first jedi, who will stand in the middle and tell everyone to look down, then to look up.
- If you make eye contact with another player when you look up, you must quickly switch spots.
- The jedi will try to take a player's spot by getting to the empty cone first.
- The player left without a spot becomes the next jedi.
Check for Understanding
- When can you switch spots?
- When do you become a jedi?
- Have the jedi do five jumping jacks before the next round.
Conflict Resolution Tip
- Use rock-paper-scissors to settle disputes.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
Medium: Hop on one foot.
Hard: Have two jedis.