Children exercise their minds and bodies in this popular Recess Enhancement Program (REP) game, Jedi Mind Trick.
Jedi Mind Trick
Who: Grades 3-8
Time: 15 minutes+
Where: Auditorium, cafeteria, classroom, gymnasium, hallway, library, playground
How to Play
- Players form a circle standing 6 feet away from each other. Place a cone in front of each player.
- The leader will pick the first jedi, who will stand in the middle and tell everyone to look down, then to look up.
- If you make eye contact with another player when you look up, you must quickly switch spots.
- The jedi will try to take a player's spot by getting to the empty cone first.
- The player left without a spot becomes the next jedi.
Check for Understanding
- When can you switch spots?
- When do you become a jedi?
- Have the jedi do five jumping jacks before the next round.
Conflict Resolution Tip
- Use rock-paper-scissors to settle disputes.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
Medium: Hop on one foot.
Hard: Have two jedis.