Get your kids active with our Recess Enhancement Program's (REP) game, Capture the Flag! This game requires strategy and gets your heart pumping.
Capture the Flag
Who: Grades 3-5
Time: 20 minutes+
Equipment: 2 gator balls or 2 cones
How to Play
- Line up! We are going to make 2 teams.
- You must try to capture the other team's “flag” and bring it back to your side. Each team will have one “flag” and one jail.
- You are only allowed to tag other players if they enter your half. If you are tagged you must go to jail.
- Once you are in jail, you must stay until your teammate gives you a high-five and sets you free. Both players must walk back to their sides and try again.
- Players cannot pass the “flag” between teammates. If you drop the “flag”, you must return the “flag” back and try again.
Check for Understanding
- What do you do when you are tagged?
- How do you get out of jail?
- No guarding the ball or jail.
- Have students play Rock-Paper-Scissors to solve any argument.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
Easy: No jail.
Medium: Use "jail breaks".
Hard: Have students hop only
You May Also Like:
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. We need your support more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together.