Bring a playground game inside! Kids go crazy for Steal the Bacon, one of the most popular indoor games from our Recess Enhancement Program (REP).
Steal the Bacon
Who: Grades K to 5
Players: 10 to 20
Time: 25 minutes+
Where: Indoor gym
Students form two lines. You will need two cones.
How to Play:
- Line up, and form two teams. Each team lines up on the sidelines.
- Facilitator gives players on both teams a number. Tell the kids to remember their assignment.
- When the facilitator calls your number, run towards the bacon (a cone) grab it, and try to bring it to your side without getting tagged.
- If you don’t have the bacon, try to tag the other person before they get to their side.
- Each team will get points for successfully bringing the “Bacon” to their side or tagging the person before they get across to their side.
CONFLICT RESOLUTION TIP:
Tell students the score will be rolled over to the next day so there are no winners or losers.
Space teams farther apart to create more distance.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
EASY: Call one number at a time.
MEDIUM: Call two or more numbers at a time.
HARD: Students must pass to the sideline before scoring.
Check out more active recess games from Asphalt Green's REP team: