Lap Swim Etiquette
The following lap swim etiquette is required at all times.
Before entering the pool:
- When you arrive for your swim reservation, proceed to the pool deck. Please note that you may access the pool deck no earlier than five minutes prior to your reservation. Please note, effective June 28, 2021, reservations will no longer be required.
- Follow the floor markings to allow for social distancing.
- Rinse in our on-deck shower.
- Communicate with your lane partner to ensure social distancing in the event breaks are needed while in the water.
- Avoid congregating on the deck.
- Lanes are not assigned. Swimmers select any lane that is available upon arrival to the pool deck. Lanes are designated by speed (slow, medium, fast). Fill each lane before adding a second or third swimmer. There is a maximum of three swimmers per lane.
- Circle swimming is in effect. To mitigate overcrowding at the walls, rest points should be self-regulated among swimmers.
- Bring your own equipment. There is no shared equipment until further notice (kickboards, fins, paddles).
Upon exiting the pool:
- Swimmers must exit the pool deck within five minutes after their reservation ends.
- Exit the pool in an organized manner.