How can I get Asphalt Green’s Recess Enhancement Program in my school?
Please email email@example.com for more information.
What services do schools receive when partnering with Asphalt Green’s Recess Enhancement Program?
One of our highly trained and talented Play Coaches visits each partner school two days a week for 35 weeks from September to June to:
- Create recess routines for students in kindergarten to fifth grade
- Identify useable recess spaces, especially for active indoor recess
- Map out current recess spaces to create different game stations
- Teach organized games and activities
- Encourage all students to be active no matter their age or ability
- Promote conflict resolution skills through play
- Give students the skills to see any environment as one they can be active in
What other services will Asphalt Green’s Recess Enhancement Program provide to schools?
In addition to our regular services, we provide:
- Professional development for recess staff, teachers and administration
- Presentations for Parent-Association meetings and Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Monthly recess data report
- Monthly e-newsletters
- Equipment for the school
- Support for any health and physical activity initiatives and events for the school or students
How much does Recess Enhancement Program cost?
Each school contributes towards the Recess Enhancement Program based on its percentage of students eligible to receive free and reduced price meals. (Asphalt Green is a NYC Department of Education vendor.)
Does Recess Enhancement Program offer professional development and training for non-partner schools and organization?
Yes! We provide training to schools and organizations interested in incorporating active recess and structured activities into recess. To learn more, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I get more information about Asphalt Green’s Recess Enhancement Program?
Please contact us at: 212.369.8890 x2360, email@example.com.