Summer Day Camp Head Counselors
We are looking for energetic and responsible individuals to fill Head Counselor positions for our Summer Day Camp 2021. Head Counselors oversee a group of campers (18-21 campers per group) along with approximately and 2-3 General Counselors. Other responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
· Maintain proper communication with parents
· Identify and meet campers’ needs
· Supervise campers at all activities and trips
· Promote camp values
· Supervise General and Junior Counselors
· Communicate with counselors about upcoming events and group issues
· Participate in all camp activities and special events
· Check lost & found daily and be looking over campers so they have all belongings
· Greet parents at arrival and take attendance
· Time management of group activities
· Greet parents at dismissal and discuss any issues that need to be addressed
· Sign out campers
· Follow guidelines explained in the staff handbook and counselor agreement
During Camp, we follow strict health and safety protocols. These include mask-wearing, social distancing, heightened sanitation practices, temperature checks, and more. Staff and campers are required to follow these protocols at all times.
Camp runs from Monday, June 28 to Friday, August 20, 2021. Camp staff are required to be on the premises by 8am and the day is over by 4:45pm. Lunch is provided.
NOTE: All summer camp employees are required to attend orientation on the following days, virtual training the evenings of June 16, June 17, June 21 through June 24, and on-site training June 26.
Qualified candidates will have a background in education, preferably classroom management and camp experience. Leadership and problem-solving skills are critical for success in this position. Must have patience and stamina as the days are busy and long. CPR certified a plus.
Asphalt Green is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Asphalt Green Summer Day Camp
Asphalt Green Summer Day Camp offers a traditional camp experience in the heart of Manhattan at two locations - the Upper East Side and Battery Park City. We focus on building confidence, character, and community. Each program is offered to children ranging in age from 4 to 13 years old. Camp runs from Monday, June 28 to Friday, August 20. Camp staff are required to be on the premises by 8am and the day is over by 4:45 pm.