Summer Day Camp Head Counselors
We are looking for energetic and responsible individuals to fill Head Counselor positions for our Summer Day Camp 2020. Head Counselors oversee a group of campers, ages 4 to 13 years old (18-21 campers per group) along with approximately and 2-3 General Counselors. They will have heavy interaction with camper-parents who are vocal and can be quite demanding. Other responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
· Maintain proper communication with parents
· Identify and meet campers’ needs
· Supervise campers at all activities and trips
· Manage General and Junior Counselors
· Communicate with counselors about upcoming events and group issues
· Participate in all camp activities and special events
· Track both counselor and camper attendance
· Ensure adherence to daily schedule
· Problem solve with parent at arrivals and dismissals
· Sign out campers
· Follow guidelines explained in the staff handbook and counselor agreement
Camp runs from Wednesday, June 29, 2020 to Friday, August 21, 2020. Camp staff are required to be on the premises by 8am and the day is over by 4:45pm. Lunch is provided.
NOTE: All summer camp employees are required to attend orientation in June. Additionally, any newly hired staff with have additional site specific training in June. Qualified candidates will have a background in education, preferably classroom management and camp experience. Leadership and problem-solving skills are critical for success in this position. Must have patience and stamina as the days are busy and long. CPR certified a plus.
Asphalt Green is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Asphalt Green Summer Day Camp
Asphalt Green is a non-profit sports and fitness center with two locations – Upper East Side and Battery Park City. We run a summer day camp for 550+ campers at our Upper East Side location, and a summer day camp for 225+ campers at our Battery Park City location. Each program is offered to children ranging in age from 4 to 13 years old. Camp runs from Thursday, June 27 to Friday, August 16. Camp staff are required to be on the premises by 8am and the day is over by 4:45pm. Lunch is provided.