Kids move their bodies and get in a few laughs while playing our popular Recess Enhancement Program (REP) game, ZIp, Zap, Zoom.
Zip, Zap, Zoom
Who: Grades 3-8
Time: 5 minutes+
Where: Auditorium, hallway, cafeteria, classroom, gymnasium, library, playground
How to Play:
- Form a circle and stand 6 feet away from each other.
- One player starts the game by clap-pointing while saying, "zip," to a player on his or her left.
- That player will clap-point and say, "zap" to a player on his or her right.
- Next, that player will clap-point while saying, "zoom" to someone new. Keep the pattern going.
- Restart if the wrong command is said or someone claps in the wrong direction.
Check for Understanding
- What comes after zoom?
- Which way do you turn for zap?
- Do a practice round before starting?
Conflict Resolution Tip
- Make sure players look each other in the eye before passing.
- Add jumping or squatting to the clap-passing movements.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
EASY: Complete in 30 seconds.
MEDIUM: Add lunges to the clap-passing movement.
HARD: Stand on one foot while waiting.
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. We need your support more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together.