If you are unable to hold in-person activities, we also offer free trainings on engaging kids in movement through virtual programming. Check out our remote trainings here.
Players test their listening skills and get active in our Switch, Change, Rotate, a Recess Enhancement Program (REP) game.
Switch, Change, Rotate
Who: Grades K-5
Time: 10 minutes+
Where: Auditorium, cafeteria, classroom, gymasium, hallway, library, playground
How to Play
- For groups of three, making sure each player is standing 6 feet away from each other.
- Line up by standing at least 6 feet apart from each other. Face the leader.
- You will hear a series of commands to follow:
- When the leader says SWITCH, the first and last players change places.
- When the leader says CHANGE, the entire group turns and faces the other direction.
- When the leader says ROTATE, the first player goes to the end and the middle player becomes the new leader.
- Do five jumping jacks if you mess up to rejoin the game.
Check for Understanding
- What do you do when the leader says ROTATE?
- What do you do if you mess up?
- Have players demonstrate the game before playing.
Conflict Resolution Tip
- Have different players be the leader and call out the commands.
- Make groups of five or more.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
EASY: Say the commands slowly.
MEDIUM: Players run in place.
HARD: Add different movements into the series of commands.
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. Asphalt Green, like many nonprofits, has felt the effects of COVID-19. We need your support now more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together.