Our Recess Enhancement Program (REP) game Splat is surefire way to get kids moving and laughing.
Who: Grades 3-8
Time: 10 minutes+
Where: Auditorium, cafeteria, classroom, gymnasium, hallway, library, playground
How to Play
- Players for a circle standing 6 feet away from each other. The leader will stand in the middle.
- The leader splats someone by clap-pointing at them while saying, "splat!" That player must duck.
- The two players on each side of the player who duck turn and splat each other.
- The last player to splat does five jumping jacks and rejoins the game.
- If the player who is supposed to duck messes up, he or she does five jumping jacks, then rejoins the game.
Check for Understanding
- What do you do if the leader splats you?
- What do you do if the player next to you ducks?
- Play an elimination round with older children.
Conflict Resolution Tip
- Have an eliminated player be in the middle.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
Easy: Players walk in a circle.
Medium: Add lunges to clap-pointing motion.
Hard: Stand on one foot while waiting.
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. Asphalt Green, like many nonprofits, has felt the effects of COVID-19. We need your support now more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together.