Fastest is not always best, especially in this Recess Enhancement Program (REP) game, Slow Motions.
Who: Grades 3-8
Time: 10 minutes+
Where: Auditorium, cafeteria, classroom, gymnasium, hallway, library, playground
How to Play
- Players line up standing 6 feet away from each other. Players are all going to be racing one another...slowly!
- Each player stands on the starting line! The finish line is the opposite end of the play space.
- The leader will be the starter and the judge. He or she will give players a motion to do, and players will attempt to do it as slowly as possible while moving to the finish line.
- Players keep moving but not too quickly! If a player moves too quickly for the judge, stops moving, or loses balance, he or she will be asked to freeze and do an activity in place for 5 seconds.
- The first player to cross the finish line is the winner!
Check for Understanding
- Who is the judge?
- What happens if a player moves too quickly, stops moving, or loses balance?
- Mix up the movements to keep the game fresh and to help players exercise different muscles in their bodies.
Conflict Resolution Tip
- Have only one judge and make sure he or she remains consistent.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
Easy: Players run in slow motion.
Medium: Players skip in slow motion.
Hard: Players lunge in slow motion.The last player to cross the finish line wins!
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. We need your support more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together.