Players test their listening skills and get a dose of physical activity in our Recess Enhancement Program (REP) game, Simon Says.
Who: Grades K-5
Time: 10 minutes+
Where: Auditorium, cafeteria, classroom, gymnasium, hallway, library, playground
How to Play
- Players line up standing 6 feet away from each other.
- The leader is Simon. Players must listen carefully.
- When players hear, “Simon says,” they must do that movement.
- Do not do any movements without hearing, “Simon says.”
- If a player messes up, he or she runs in place, then rejoin the game.
Check for Understanding
- What do you do when you hear, "Simon says"?
- What do you do if you mess up?
- Increase the pace and do the actions to keep challenging the players.
Conflict Resolution Tip
- Play non-elimination to avoid idleness.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
Easy: Say the commands slowly.
Medium: Increase the speed of the commands.
Hard: Add different movements into the game.