Players test their listening skills and get a dose of physical activity in our Recess Enhancement Program (REP) game, Simon Says.
Who: Grades K-5
Time: 10 minutes+
Where: Auditorium, cafeteria, classroom, gymnasium, hallway, library, playground
How to Play
- Players line up standing 6 feet away from each other.
- The leader is Simon. Players must listen carefully.
- When players hear, “Simon says,” they must do that movement.
- Do not do any movements without hearing, “Simon says.”
- If a player messes up, he or she runs in place, then rejoin the game.
Check for Understanding
- What do you do when you hear, "Simon says"?
- What do you do if you mess up?
- Increase the pace and do the actions to keep challenging the players.
Conflict Resolution Tip
- Play non-elimination to avoid idleness.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
Easy: Say the commands slowly.
Medium: Increase the speed of the commands.
Hard: Add different movements into the game.
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. We need your support more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together.