Show Me Your Moves is a game that gets kids physically active and tests their listening skills. Children love this Recess Enhancement Program (REP) game.
Show Me Your Moves
Who: Grades K-5
Time: 5 minutes+
Where: Auditorium, cafeteria, gymnasium, hallway, playground
Equipment: Cones or tape to mark start line and finish line
How to Play
- Players line up at the start. Stand 6 feet away from each other.
- Players listen to the leader. Players will demonstrate designated moves.
- The leader will call out a movement (walk, hop, etc), and players will do that movement to the finish line, then back to the starting line. Make sure to stay 6 feet apart!
- Players must prepared! The leader can change up the movement as you’re moving.
- If a player misses a movement, he or shee will do five jumping jacks or 5 seconds of silly dancing!
Check for Understanding
- Who determines the movements?
- Where is the finish line?
- Ask players to show you their moves and use those movements in the game to encourage participation.
Conflict Resolution Tip
- Give everyone an opportunity to choose the movement.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
Easy: Players listen and watch for the movements.
Medium: Players watch the leader for the movements.
Hard: Players do the movements backward.
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. We need your support more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together.