Show Me Your Moves is a game that gets kids physically active and tests their listening skills. Children love this Recess Enhancement Program (REP) game.
Show Me Your Moves
Who: Grades K-5
Time: 5 minutes+
Where: Auditorium, cafeteria, gymnasium, hallway, playground
Equipment: Cones or tape to mark start line and finish line
How to Play
- Players line up at the start. Stand 6 feet away from each other.
- Players listen to the leader. Players will demonstrate designated moves.
- The leader will call out a movement (walk, hop, etc), and players will do that movement to the finish line, then back to the starting line. Make sure to stay 6 feet apart!
- Players must prepared! The leader can change up the movement as you’re moving.
- If a player misses a movement, he or shee will do five jumping jacks or 5 seconds of silly dancing!
Check for Understanding
- Who determines the movements?
- Where is the finish line?
- Ask players to show you their moves and use those movements in the game to encourage participation.
Conflict Resolution Tip
- Give everyone an opportunity to choose the movement.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
Easy: Players listen and watch for the movements.
Medium: Players watch the leader for the movements.
Hard: Players do the movements backward.
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. Asphalt Green, like many nonprofits, has felt the effects of COVID-19. We need your support now more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together.