Kids love our Recess Enhancement Program's (REP) active spin on the classic game of telephone.
Pass the Movements
Who: Grades K-8
Time: 10 minutes+
Where: Auditorium, cafeteria, classroom, gymnasium, hallway, library, playground
How to Play
- Players line up behind the game leader, standing 6 feet apart from one another.
- Players close their eyes. They can only open their eyes when they hear their name called.
- The leader turns around and says the name of the person behind him or her. Once the player's eyes are open, the leader silently does a series of three movements that the player will need to memorize. After the leader completes the movements, he or she will turn around and face forward.
- That player will turn to the person behind him or her and say that person’s name. After the person's eyes are open, the first person will silently do the same series of three movements, and then turn and face forward.
- Try and pass the motions from beginning to end without making a mistake, or else everyone does 10 jumping jacks!
Check for Understanding
- When do players open their eyes?
- What do you do after a player passes the motions?
- Have players say their names before playing.
- Allow every player to be the line leader.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
Easy: Players can ask for the motions to be repeated once.
Medium: Players try and pass at least five motions.
Hard: Players try and pass at least seven motions.
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. We need your support more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together.