If you are unable to hold in-person activities, we also offer free trainings on engaging kids in movement through virtual programming. Check out our remote trainings here.
Twizzle is a circle game that requires no equipment and very little space. Players need to listen closely for the commands and be quick in their responses. If they’re too slow, players may have to do some jumping jacks!
Who: Grades K-5
Time: 15+ minutes
Where: Hallway, classroom, playground, gym, auditorium
- Players form a circle and stand 6 feet away from each other.
HOW TO PLAY:
- Form a circle and stand 6 feet away from each other Listen for the commands.
- When you hear:
- ‘Go’ - walk in the direction you are facing •
- ‘Stop’ - freeze
- ‘Turn’ - do a half turn (180 degrees) and freeze
- ‘Twizzle’ - do a full jump (360 degrees) and freeze
- If you make a mistake, do five jumping jacks, and rejoin the game.
- What do you do for a ‘turn’?
- Practice the commands with players before starting the game.
CONFLICT RESOLUTION TIP:
- If a player makes a mistake give them a wi-fi (wireless high five or air five)
- Have players jog slowly in a circle.
REP IT OUT!
EASY: Walk in a circle
MEDIUM: Side shuffle in a circle
HARD: Hop on one foot in a circle
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. Asphalt Green, like many nonprofits, has felt the effects of COVID-19. We need your support now more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together.