Let your child's imagination run wild to dodge magical monsters to get to the temple's hidden treasure. Our Recess Enhancement Program (REP) game of the month, Temple Runner, will get kids' heart rates up in no time!
Who: Grades kindergarten to 5
Time: 10 minutes+
Where: Auditorium or indoors
Students stay in their seats
How to Play:
- We are looking for an ancient temple containing treasure, but there are a lot of obstacles guarding it that we will have to overcome. To get to the treasure, players must stay in their seats.
- A facilitator will call a serious of commands:
- Run: Move your feet as quickly as you can (as if you were running away from monsters guarding the temple).
- Stop: Stop moving your feet.
- Reach up: Reach your arms up to collect coins.
- Lean: Lean your body to one side to stay on the temple path.
Conflict Resolution Tip:
If a player makes a mistake, have him or her do four shoulder rolls to rejoin the game.
Play: REP IT OUT
EASY: Keep students seated.
MEDIUM: Have students stand for certain movements.
HARD: Add different movements to the series of commands.
Check out more active recess games from Asphalt Green's REP team: