Basketball has proven to be a favorite activity at recess, in gym class, and after school. The sport promotes physical activity, teamwork, and a sense of fair play. Knockout provides structure, encourages player development, and improves stamina in an exciting environment.
Who: Grades 3 to 5
Time: 15+ minutes
Where: Gymnasium or outdoor basketball court
Equipment: Two basketballs
How to Play
- Form a line behind the free throw line. The first two people in line start the game.
- If the first player makes the shot, he or she is safe. He or she passes the ball to the next player and goes to the back of the line.
- If the first player misses the shot, the next player in line takes a shot from the free throw line. The first player continues to shoot from anywhere on the court.
- If the second player makes the shot before the first player, the first player is knocked out of the game.
- The game continues until only one player remains.
- Use rock-paper-scissors to break a tie.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
EASY: Shoot from free throw line.
MEDIUM: Shoot from the three-point line.
HARD: Shoot from the half-court line.
You may also like: