Fight winter blues with an energy-boosting outdoor or indoor playground game. Our Recess Enhancement Program's (REP) game of the month requires no equipment and will keep kids active and entertained.
Cat and Mouse
Who: Grades K-2
Time: 25+ minutes
Where: Indoor gymnasium or small playground
How to Play:
- Form a circle and hold hands.
- One student is the cat and one student is the mouse.
- The cat must try to tag the mouse outside of the circle with two fingers.
- The mouse can go inside and outside of the circle. The cat can only stay outside the circle.
- If the Mouse is tagged, switch roles. Restart the game.
The mouse can only stay inside the circle for five seconds.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
EASY: One mouse and one cat
MEDIUM: Two mice and one cat
HARD: Four mice and one cat