During the cold winter months, finding time to get outisde and play can be challenging, but that's not an excuse to be sedentary. Our Recess Enhancement Programs's (REP) game of the month, All My Neighbors, is the perfect game to get kids active indoors.
ALL MY NEIGHBORS
Who: Grades 3 to 5
Time: 15+ minutes
Where: Gym or any indoor space
- Each player will need a chair.
- Students form a circle with their chairs with one person standing in the middle.
HOW TO PLAY:
- Instruct students to form a circle with chairs. Select one student to stand in the middle of the circle (that person does not have a chair as part of the circle). This person is the caller.
- The caller shouts a fact about himself or herself. Example: All my neighbors wearing red shoes.
- Everyone wearing red shoes must find a new seat as quickly as possible, including the caller.
- The person left without a chair becomes the caller.
- Use rock-paper-scissors if two players get to a chair at the same time.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
MEDIUM: Hop on two feet.
Check out more active games from our REP team: