If you are unable to hold in-person activities, we also offer free trainings on engaging kids in movement through virtual programming. Check out our remote trainings here.
This game is a brain buster! Kids exercise their minds and their bodies in this Recess Enhancement Program (REP) game, Line Math.
Who: Grades K-8
Time: 10 minutes+
Where: Gymnasium, playground
How to Play
- Players line up standing 6 feet away from each other. The leader will split players up into teams of three.
- The leader will set up five cones at different distances along one side of the gymnasium or playground.
- When the leader calls out a math problem (2+1=?), the first player in each line will run the distance to the answer. In this case, three cones.
- Once the first players run back, the next player in each line will run when the leader calls out another math problem (8-6=?). In this case, two cones.
- Continue the relay until each player gets a chance to run, then start the next round.
Check for Understanding
- What is 10-5?
- What is 2x2?
- Demonstrate a round before beginning the game.
Conflict Resolution Tip
- Have players cheer each other on.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
Easy: Hop, kkip, or gallop.
Medium: Use multiplication.
Hard: Use division.
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. Asphalt Green, like many nonprofits, has felt the effects of COVID-19. We need your support now more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together.