If you are unable to hold in-person activities, we also offer free trainings on engaging kids in movement through virtual programming. Check out our remote trainings here.
Players get active and have fun in this popular Recess Enhancement Program (REP) game, Hit Record.
Who: Grades K-5
Time: 10 minutes+
Where: Auditorium, cafeteria, gymnasium, hallway, playground
How to Play
- Players spread out standing 6 feet away from each other.
- The leader calls out controls that you would find on a video camera (play, stop, rewind, fast forward).
- Each control has a related activity that players have to perform.
- Play – walk around
- Rewind – walk backward
- Pause – jump
- Fast forward – run
- Stop – freeze
- Slow-motion – slow movement
- If a player messes up, he or she does five jumping jacks, then rejoins the game.
Check for Understanding
- When the leader says, "play," what do you do?
- When the leader says, "pause," what do you do?
- Demonstrate for players.
Conflict Resolution Tip
- Have players help you lead the game.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
Easy: Play and stop
Medium: Pause and rewind
Hard: Fast forward and slow motion
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. Asphalt Green, like many nonprofits, has felt the effects of COVID-19. We need your support now more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together.