Players get active and have fun in this popular Recess Enhancement Program (REP) game, Hit Record.
Who: Grades K-5
Time: 10 minutes+
Where: Auditorium, cafeteria, gymnasium, hallway, playground
How to Play
- Players spread out standing 6 feet away from each other.
- The leader calls out controls that you would find on a video camera (play, stop, rewind, fast forward).
- Each control has a related activity that players have to perform.
- Play – walk around
- Rewind – walk backward
- Pause – jump
- Fast forward – run
- Stop – freeze
- Slow-motion – slow movement
- If a player messes up, he or she does five jumping jacks, then rejoins the game.
Check for Understanding
- When the leader says, "play," what do you do?
- When the leader says, "pause," what do you do?
- Demonstrate for players.
Conflict Resolution Tip
- Have players help you lead the game.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
Easy: Play and stop
Medium: Pause and rewind
Hard: Fast forward and slow motion