If you are unable to hold in-person activities, we also offer free trainings on engaging kids in movement through virtual programming. Check out our remote trainings here.
Players join an imaginary circus and must use their listening skills to walk the high wire.
Who: Grades K-2
Time: 10 minutes+
Where: Auditorium, cafeteria, classroom, gymnasium, hallway, library, playground
How to Play
- Players line up and stand 6 feet away from each other.
- Players imagine they are in the circus on the high wire (line of tape)!
- Players' feet must stay on the high wire (line of tape) and follow the leader's directions.
- Players must pay attention to the person in front of them so they are not too close to each other.
- If a player steps off the high wire, he or she does five star jumps, then rejoins the game!
Check for Understanding
- Where must a each player's feet stay?
- What happens if a player steps off the high wire?
- The facilitator leads the group on the high wire.
Conflict Resolution Tip
- Play without elimination to avoid players becoming idle.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
Medium: Hop on two feet.
Hard: Balance on one foot.
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. Asphalt Green, like many nonprofits, has felt the effects of COVID-19. We need your support now more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together.