Players join an imaginary circus and must use their listening skills to walk the high wire.
Who: Grades K-2
Time: 10 minutes+
Where: Auditorium, cafeteria, classroom, gymnasium, hallway, library, playground
How to Play
- Players line up and stand 6 feet away from each other.
- Players imagine they are in the circus on the high wire (line of tape)!
- Players' feet must stay on the high wire (line of tape) and follow the leader's directions.
- Players must pay attention to the person in front of them so they are not too close to each other.
- If a player steps off the high wire, he or she does five star jumps, then rejoins the game!
Check for Understanding
- Where must a each player's feet stay?
- What happens if a player steps off the high wire?
- The facilitator leads the group on the high wire.
Conflict Resolution Tip
- Play without elimination to avoid players becoming idle.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
Medium: Hop on two feet.
Hard: Balance on one foot.