Players use their imaginations to get a dose of physical activity in Recess Enhancement Program (REP) game Explorers.
Who: Grades K-2
Time: 10 minutes+
Where: Auditorium, cafeteria, classroom, gymnasium, hallway, library, playground
How to Play
- Players spread out 6 feet away from each other. The leader will place a cone in front of each player.
- Players will do a lot of moving but will not move from their cone.
- Players are going to explore a special place! (Leaders choose a forest, desert, or another place to explore).
- Players listen for directions as they go on this adventure!
- Coaches create a story with animals, objects, and movements that are in specific environments. For example, "Use your arms to swim in the river to see the fishes,” or, “I see a frog in the forest. Can you hop like a frog?”
Check for Understanding
- Players, point to your cone.
- Can players move from their cone?
- Pick animals and objects that are in specific environments. For example, "Use your arms to swim in the river to see the fishes,” or, “I see a frog in the forest. Can you hop like a frog?”
Conflict Resolution Tip
- Allow players to help you lead the game.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
Easy: Pick animals where players use their arms only.
Medium: Pick animals where players use their legs only.
Hard: Pick animals where players have to use their arms and legs.
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. We need your support more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together.