Players use their imaginations to get a dose of physical activity in Recess Enhancement Program (REP) game Explorers.
Who: Grades K-2
Time: 10 minutes+
Where: Auditorium, cafeteria, classroom, gymnasium, hallway, library, playground
How to Play
- Players spread out 6 feet away from each other. The leader will place a cone in front of each player.
- Players will do a lot of moving but will not move from their cone.
- Players are going to explore a special place! (Leaders choose a forest, desert, or another place to explore).
- Players listen for directions as they go on this adventure!
- Coaches create a story with animals, objects, and movements that are in specific environments. For example, "Use your arms to swim in the river to see the fishes,” or, “I see a frog in the forest. Can you hop like a frog?”
Check for Understanding
- Players, point to your cone.
- Can players move from their cone?
- Pick animals and objects that are in specific environments. For example, "Use your arms to swim in the river to see the fishes,” or, “I see a frog in the forest. Can you hop like a frog?”
Conflict Resolution Tip
- Allow players to help you lead the game.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
Easy: Pick animals where players use their arms only.
Medium: Pick animals where players use their legs only.
Hard: Pick animals where players have to use their arms and legs.