If you are unable to hold in-person activities, we also offer free trainings on engaging kids in movement through virtual programming. Check out our remote trainings here.
This exciting Recess Enhancement Program (REP) game encourages teamwork and detective work.
Who: Grades K-5
Time: 10 minutes+
Where: Auditorium, cafeteria, classroom, gymnasium, hallway, library, playground
How to Play
- Players form a circle and stand 6 feet away from each other. The facilitator will pick one detective that will leave the circle.
- The facilitator will pick one one leader who will start making movements that everyone else in the circle will copy.
- The detective starts in the middle and tries to figure out who is the leader.
- The detective has three guesse. After three guesses, choose a new leader and detective.
Check for Understanding
- How many guesses does the detective get?
- Who do the players copy?
- Tell students not to give away the leader.
Conflict Resolution Tip
- Have players wi-fi (wireless high five or air five) each other.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
Easy: Leader can speak.
Medium: Have two detectives.
Hard: Have two leaders.
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. Asphalt Green, like many nonprofits, has felt the effects of COVID-19. We need your support now more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together.