Kids show off their favorite dance moves in this popular Recess Enhancement Program (REP) game, Classy Moves.
REP Game: Classy Moves
Who: Grades K-5
Time: 10 minutes+
Where: Auditorium, cafeteria, classroom, gymnasium, hallway, library, playground
How to Play
- Players form a circle standing 6 feet away from each other. The dance leader will be in the middle.
- The dance leader will dance in the middle for 20 seconds.
- Everyone must copy the dance leader's classy moves. Then it's someone else's turn.
- Continue until each player gets a chance to be the dance leader.
Check for Understanding
- Who should players be copying?
- How far apart should players stand?
- Demonstrate different types of dances before the game starts.
Conflict Resolution Tip
PLAY: REP IT OUT
Easy: Have two dance leaders.
Medium: Players can only dance using their hands.
Hard: Have two players dance battle.