Players improve listening skills and get active in our Recess Enhancement Program (REP) game Clap and Move.
Clap and Move
Who: Grades K-3
Time: 10 minutes+
Where: Auditorium, cafeteria, classroom, gymnasium, hallway, library, playground
Equipment: Different colored cones
How to Play
- Players line up and stand 6 feet away from each other.
- The leader will clap three times, then say a color of one of the cones.
- Players run to the cone of the color that the leader says without touching anyone. Only one person can be at a cone at a time.
- The player that gets to the cone last does three toe touches, then rejoins the game.
Check for Understanding
- How many claps do players listen for?
- Point to the color cones.
- Players should always be standing 6 feet away from each other.
Conflict Resolution Tip
- Have players help you lead the game.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
Easy: Dance to the cone.
Medium: Change the number of claps.
Hard: Pick more than one color.
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. We need your support more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together.