Kids exercise their minds and bodies in one of our favorite Recess Enhancement Program Games, Alien.
Who: Grades 3-8
Time: 15 minutes+
Where: Auditorium, cafeteria, classroom, gymnasium, hallway, library, playground
How to Play
- Form a circle and stand 6 feet away from each other. Keep your eyes closed while the facilitator picks three aliens and one detective, using his or her toe to tap. If you are tapped on your toe twice, you are an alien. If you are tapped on your toe once, you are the detective.
- The detective stands in the middle of the circle. His or her goal is to find the aliens.
- The aliens will zap others by winking at them. Players who are zapped must sit down.
- The detective has three chances to guess the aliens. After three guesses, the aliens are revealed.
- The facilitator chooses new aliens and detectives, and the game begins again.
Check for Understanding
- How do you know if you are an alien or a detective?
- What do you do when you are zapped?
- Tell players not to give away the aliens.
Conflict Resolution Tip
- Have players wi-fi (wireless high five or air five) each other after the round.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
EASY: Aliens can point.
MEDIUM: Have two detectives.
HARD: Have one alien.
Looking for more ways to keep kids active all summer long? Join us for virtual camp Monday through Friday. The schedule features a variety of active, creative, and game-based programs that keep campers engaged, learning, and having fun every day. Join the fun.