Players have to think quickly on their feet in our popular Recess Enhancement Program (REP) game Ah-So-Co.
Who: Grades 3-8
Time: 10 minutes+
Where: Auditorium, cafeteria, classroom, gymnasium, hallway, library, playground
How to Play
- Players form a circle and stand 6 feet away from each other.
- One player starts the game by putting one hand across their stomach and says, “ah,” to someone on his or her right.
- That player will put one hand over his or her head and say, “so,” to someone on his or her right.
- The next player will point to someone across the circle and say, “co.”
- If the wrong command is said the circle says, “yahm zing,” and that player walks around the circle. The last two players win!
Check for Understanding
- A player says, "ah." What comes next?
- How do you get out?”
- Demonstrate the movements for Ah-So-Co.
Conflict Resolution Tip
- Play rock-paper-scissors from a distance.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
Easy: Start at a slow pace.
Medium: Set a time limit.
Hard: Have two people start.
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. We need your support more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together.