Players have to think quickly on their feet in our popular Recess Enhancement Program (REP) game Ah-So-Co.
Who: Grades 3-8
Time: 10 minutes+
Where: Auditorium, cafeteria, classroom, gymnasium, hallway, library, playground
How to Play
- Players form a circle and stand 6 feet away from each other.
- One player starts the game by putting one hand across their stomach and says, “ah,” to someone on his or her right.
- That player will put one hand over his or her head and say, “so,” to someone on his or her right.
- The next player will point to someone across the circle and say, “co.”
- If the wrong command is said the circle says, “yahm zing,” and that player walks around the circle. The last two players win!
Check for Understanding
- A player says, "ah." What comes next?
- How do you get out?”
- Demonstrate the movements for Ah-So-Co.
Conflict Resolution Tip
- Play rock-paper-scissors from a distance.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
Easy: Start at a slow pace.
Medium: Set a time limit.
Hard: Have two people start.
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. Asphalt Green, like many nonprofits, has felt the effects of COVID-19. We need your support now more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together.