Summer is on the horizon, and that make us think of sunshine and rainbows! Welcome the season, and get your kids active with our Recess Enhancement Program (REP) game of the month, Rainbow Tag.
Who: Grades kindergarten to 5
Time: 15 minutes+
Where: Large playground
- Create a square or rectangular boundary using cones
How to Play:
- Line up on one side of the boundary.
- Instruct players to take a mental note of the colors they are wearing.
- Call out different colors. Player who are wearing the selected colors try to run to the opposide side of the boundary without getting tagged.
- If a player is tagged, he or she becomes "it."
- If the facilitator calls out "rainbow," all players must run to opposite side.
- Use Rock, Paper, Scissors to resolve conflict.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
EASY: Call out one color.
MEDIUM: Call out two or more colors.
HARD: Call out "rainbow" two or three times in a row.
Check out more active recess games from Asphalt Green's REP team: