Get your kids active with our Recess Enhancement Program's (REP) game, Ultimate Tag! This tag game is ideal for spaces where kids can really run. It will get the blood pumping and have everyone exhausted by the end!
Who: Grades 3-5
Time: 15 minutes+
Where: Large playground
Equipment: Four cones
How to Play
- Everyone is “it.”
- Tag with 2 fingers above the waist.
- When you’re tagged, take a knee and watch who tagged you.
- When that person is tagged and takes a knee, you’re back in the game!
- Keep playing until you’re tagged again.
Check for Understanding
- How many fingers do you tag with?
- Who do you watch when you are tagged?
- Use students to demonstrate the rules of the game.
- Help students rejoin the game by giving them a high-five.
- Switch to walking or skipping to slow the pace.
- Easy: Tag on the shoulder only.
- Medium: Tagged students must stand on one leg.
- Hard: Tagged students must run in place.
You May Also Like:
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. We need your support more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together.