TRAINING FOR YOUTH SERVICE PROVIDERS & EDUCATORS
Keep children active during these challenging times with our FREE 90-minute virtual training sessions covering the following topics:
- Boost Your Zoom Game: Best practices for virtual engagement
- Boost Your Zoom Game—Virtual Games Edition: Learn active games to play remotely
- Games for Social Distancing: Discover our model for socially-distanced active play
- Games for Social Distancing—Elementary School Edition
- Games for Social Distancing—Middle School Edition
BOOST YOUR ZOOM GAME TRAINING
Kids need structured physical activity now more than ever. Learn best practices for keeping children engaged and active over Zoom and other remote learning platforms. Training is virtual and will cover:
- Asphalt Green’s remote lesson plan structure
- A variety of virtual, active play games (you'll learn through demonstration)
- Best practices for virtual engagement
- A crash course in Zoom functionality that will enhance the experience for kids
BOOST YOUR ZOOM GAME TRAINING - VIRTUAL GAMES EDITION
Learn virtual, active play games you can run over Zoom or other remote learning platforms. In this hour-long session, participants will be introduced to at least seven games. As a continuation of our “Boost Your Zoom Game Training” course, the goal of this workshop is to expand your library of virtual games through demonstration.
- March 19, 1pm – REGISTER NOW
- March 22, 10:30am – REGISTER NOW
- March 24, 2pm – REGISTER NOW
- April 15, 2pm – REGISTER NOW
- April 27, 10:30am – REGISTER NOW
GAMES FOR SOCIAL DISTANCING
Learn best practices for facilitating fun and active games for kids. All games are designed for socially distanced play and require little to no equipment. You will leave the training with an arsenal of games that can be played in any space and feel confident in your ability to resolve conflict, keep kids focused, and transition seamlessly from classroom learning to play.
SIGN UP NOW!
GAMES FOR SOCIAL DISTANCING - ELEMENTARY SCHOOL EDITION
Build on the concepts discussed in our "Games for Social Distancing" training. Participants will learn at least seven games designed for elementary school-aged youth that promote physical activity, fun, and safety. All games require little or no equipment and support socially distanced play.
SIGN UP NOW!
GAMES FOR SOCIAL DISTANCING - MIDDLE SCHOOL EDITION
This sequel to our "Games for Social Distancing" training is designed for those who work with middle school-aged youth. Learn at least seven active games that cater to kids in sixth through eighth grades. All games require little or no equipment, can be modified to suit any space, and support socially distanced play.
SIGN UP NOW!
Hear what participants have to say about Boost Your Zoom Game trainings:
- "I am thankful for having the opportunity to attend this workshop. I really liked how the session was structured. I believe that it will be very beneficial for our program. Thank you again."
- "This is my second Asphalt Green workshop and it's been wonderful. Thank you for providing this time for us to learn how to teach in this remote world."
- "Your training was great! I had a lot of fun."
To learn more about tailored training for your organization or to inquire about our other community programs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why trust Asphalt Green?
Asphalt Green is a nonprofit and has helped thousands of children stay active through free programs in schoolyards, gymnasiums, and pools across New York City. Today, the organization is focused on providing a critical mental and physical outlet for kids in a socially distant world. We have experience running a proven recess program that serves New York City’s public school system and one of the most popular summer day camp programs in New York City.
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. Asphalt Green, like many nonprofits, has felt the effects of COVID-19. We need your support now more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together. Donate today.