Asphalt Green transforms lives and builds community through sports, fitness, and play for all. It is an iconic New York City institution that provides fitness, community, wellness, and sports programming to thousands of New Yorkers a year. A recently adopted strategic plan seeks to expand Asphalt Green’s impact and secure it mission for years to come.
The Executive Assistant to the CEO of Asphalt Green will provide essential one-on-one support to the Chief Executive Officer. This role serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders, coordinating various executive activities. The Executive Assistant will also act as a liaison and provide support to the board of directors and executive team, manage executive outreach efforts, and help coordinate initiatives related to the strategic plan.
This position requires a creative and adaptable individual who can thrive in a dynamic, mission-driven, results-oriented, and community-focused environment. The ideal candidate will exhibit strong judgment, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrate outstanding administrative and organizational abilities, and be able to effectively manage multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant must have the capacity to work independently on projects from inception to completion and handle a wide variety of activities, including confidential matters, with discretion and under pressure when necessary.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the CEO's active calendar, including scheduling appointments.
- Assist the CEO in staying well-informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, including preparation of daily briefings.
- Coordinate the CEO’s travel plans and itineraries.
- Act as gatekeeper to ensure efficient access to the CEO, and research, prioritize, and address incoming issues and concerns, including sensitive matters.
- Monitor the CEO’s email inbox to ensure efficient management of correspondence and communicate on behalf of the CEO with board members, donors, and internal staff regarding CEO's schedule and initiatives.
- Prepare and/or handle confidential correspondence and documents as needed.
- Facilitate smooth communication between the CEO's office and internal departments.
- Reconcile the CEO’s expense reports.
- Serve as the CEO's administrative liaison to Asphalt Green's Board of Directors.
- Manage logistics for all Board and Board committee meetings, including preparation of materials, meeting communications, and setup of spaces and/or online meetings.
- Serve as recording secretary at all Board and committee meetings.
- Ensure compliance with applicable rules and regulations pertaining to Board and committee matters.
- Maintain up-to-date contact info for all Trustees.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all interactions with board members.
Executive Team Liaison:
- Act as an adjunct member of the Executive Team.
- Manage Executive Team meeting schedule and attend as recording secretary, as needed.
- Coordinate the agendas and logistics for Executive Team meetings, off-sites, and all-staff meetings.
- Coordinate travel plans to off-site meetings involving Executive Team members.
- Work with the Marketing and Development departments to coordinate the CEO's outreach activities, including press opportunities, donor meetings, and the development of strategic partnerships.
- Maintain a database of contacts made by the CEO and support the cultivation of ongoing relationships.
- Support the Development department to ensure timely creation and delivery of acknowledgment letters and other communications from the CEO to donors.
- Keep the CEO's bio updated and respond to requests for materials about the CEO and Asphalt Green.
- Assist the Executive Team in the deployment of strategic initiatives.
- Ensure adherence to timeline of strategic plans.
- Facilitate and schedule meetings of staff, across multiple departments, to plan for and execute strategic initiatives.
- Coordinate the work of Board committees with Asphalt Green staff on strategic plans.
- Ensure the tracking of outcomes and regular reporting of progress to various stakeholders, including staff, donors, and the Board.
- A solid work tenure with five to ten years of experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Strong organizational skills with an acute attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships with various stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners, and donors.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, and Power Point) and demonstrated ability to learn new systems and software.
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, project management, and decision-making capabilities.
- A highly resourceful team player with the ability to work effectively independently.
- Proven experience handling confidential information with discretion and the ability to adapt to competing demands while maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Ability to achieve high-performance goals and meet deadlines.
- Forward-thinking mindset, actively seeking opportunities and proposing solutions.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or relevant experience.
$75,000 - $85,000