The Maze is a fun Recess Enhancement Program (REP) game that will keep a small group of kids moving and engaged.
Who: Grades K-8
Time: 10 minutes+
Where: Auditorium, cafeteria, classroom, gymnasium, hallway, library, playground
Equipment: Cones or tape
How to Play
- Players line up standing 6 feet away from each other. The facilitator will set up cones in a square grid.
- The cones have a secret maze, and the facilitator knows the pathway through.
- The first player in line has to make his or her way from the start cone to the end cone.
- If the player makes a wrong move, he or she needs to do five jumping jacks and go to the end of the line. Then, the next person in line goes.
- Continue until someone makes it to the end cone, then start a new round with a new maze.
Check for Understanding
- Where do players have to go?
- If a player makes a wrong move, where does he or she go?
- Have different players come up with the secret maze each round.
Conflict Resolution Tip
- Encourage students to help each other solve the maze.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
Easy: Have a race with two grids.
Medium: Have a time limit.
Hard: Have two mazes on one grid.
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. We need your support more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together.