The Maze is a fun Recess Enhancement Program (REP) game that will keep a small group of kids moving and engaged.
Who: Grades K-8
Time: 10 minutes+
Where: Auditorium, cafeteria, classroom, gymnasium, hallway, library, playground
Equipment: Cones or tape
How to Play
- Players line up standing 6 feet away from each other. The facilitator will set up cones in a square grid.
- The cones have a secret maze, and the facilitator knows the pathway through.
- The first player in line has to make his or her way from the start cone to the end cone.
- If the player makes a wrong move, he or she needs to do five jumping jacks and go to the end of the line. Then, the next person in line goes.
- Continue until someone makes it to the end cone, then start a new round with a new maze.
Check for Understanding
- Where do players have to go?
- If a player makes a wrong move, where does he or she go?
- Have different players come up with the secret maze each round.
Conflict Resolution Tip
- Encourage students to help each other solve the maze.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
Easy: Have a race with two grids.
Medium: Have a time limit.
Hard: Have two mazes on one grid.