If you are unable to hold in-person activities, we also offer free trainings on engaging kids in movement through virtual programming. Check out our remote trainings here.
How far can you jump? Players will find out in Asphalt Green's Recess Enhancement Program game Sticks.
Who: Grades K-8
Time: 15+ minutes
Where: Auditorium, cafeteria, gymnasium, hallway, playground
Equipment: Cones or tape
How to Play
- Instruct players to form two lines and stand six feet away from one another.
- Place two sticks or rows of cones on the ground.
- Players must land on the other side without putting their foot down between the sticks.
- After each jump, players go to the end of the line keeping your distance from the person standing in front of you.
- The gap between the two sticks gets wider each round.
Check for Understanding
- What happens to the sticks after each round?
- Where do you go after you jump?
- For wider gaps, allow players to take a step or put their foot down between the jump ropes.
CONFLICT RESOLUTION TIP
- Players can keep playing if they cannot make the jump between the jump ropes.
- Have more than one game going to decrease waiting time.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
EASY: Keep the gap small.
MEDIUM: Make three rows of cones.
HARD: Make more than three rows of cones.
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. Asphalt Green, like many nonprofits, has felt the effects of COVID-19. We need your support now more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together.