Our Recess Enhancement Program (REP) game Splat is surefire way to get kids moving and laughing.
Who: Grades 3-8
Time: 10 minutes+
Where: Auditorium, cafeteria, classroom, gymnasium, hallway, library, playground
How to Play
- Players for a circle standing 6 feet away from each other. The leader will stand in the middle.
- The leader splats someone by clap-pointing at them while saying, "splat!" That player must duck.
- The two players on each side of the player who duck turn and splat each other.
- The last player to splat does five jumping jacks and rejoins the game.
- If the player who is supposed to duck messes up, he or she does five jumping jacks, then rejoins the game.
Check for Understanding
- What do you do if the leader splats you?
- What do you do if the player next to you ducks?
- Play an elimination round with older children.
Conflict Resolution Tip
- Have an eliminated player be in the middle.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
Easy: Players walk in a circle.
Medium: Add lunges to clap-pointing motion.
Hard: Stand on one foot while waiting.
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. We need your support more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together.