Kids will love our Recess Enhancement Program's (REP) spin on the most popular game in the world. Line Soccer is the perfect game for bigger groups.
Who: Grades 3 to 5
Players: 10 to 20
Time: 15 minutes+
Where: Small playground
- Create goals using cones (two per goal)
- Sideline boundary is created by the players
- Place a soccer ball in the middle of the boundary
How to Play:
- Split your group into two teams. Instruct players to line up on the sidelines, forming a boundary.
- Give each player a number (both teams should have the same numbers).
- The facilitor calls out a number. The players on both teams assigned that number run toward the ball and try to score a goal.
- Players can pass the ball to their teammates on the sideline, but only those in play can score a goal.
- Once a goal is scored, reset the game and call out a new number.
Conflict Resolution Tip:
- Instruct students to high-five after each round.
Play: REP it out
EASY: Use two soccer balls.
MEDIUM: Call out two numbers.
HARD: Call out more than four numbers.
Check out more active recess games from Asphalt Green's REP team: