We're hungry for fun! Get your kids active with our Recess Enhancement Program's (REP) game, Hungry Wolf.
Who: Grades K-8
Time: 10 minutes+
Where: Gymnasium, hallway, playground
How to Play:
- Instruct players to form a line standing 6 feet apart from each other. Players are the bunnies and the facilitator is the wolf. The goal is for the bunnies to avoid being tagged by the wolf.
- To start, the facilitator says, “Hungry wolf, hungry wolf what time is it?” Whatever time the wolf says is the number of steps the bunnies take toward the wolf. For example: six o’clock = six steps.
- If the wolf says, "It’s dinnertime," the bunnies must run back to the start line before the wolf.
- If the wolf gets to the line before a bunny, the bunny becomes a wolf and races the other bunnies.
- The game ends when everyone becomes a wolf.
Check for Understanding
- What do players have to ask the wolf?
- What do you do when the wolf says DINNERTIME?
- Have the last bunny be the first wolf for the next round.
CONFLICT RESOLUTION TIP:
- Make sure students tag lightly with two fingers.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
MEDIUM: Hop on two feet.
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. Asphalt Green, like many nonprofits, has felt the effects of COVID-19. We need your support now more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together.