Keep kids moving, and let them show off their silly sides with our Recess Enhancement Program's (REP) game of the month, Fruit Salad.
Who: Grades kindergarten to 5
Time: 15 minutes+
Where: Small playground
How to Play:
- Form a large circle and sit down! Each player is assigned one of the following fruits: bananas, grapes, oranges, apples, pears.
- The facilitator will stand in the middle of the circle and call out one of the fruits.
- All players who are assigned that fruit will stand up, run around the circle, and sit down in their original spot.
- The last player to make it back to his or her spot will do a silly dance or exercise in the middle of the cirlce for five seconds.
- When the facilitator shouts “fruit salad,” all players must run around the circle and return to their spot.
- Allow the student who is last to call out the next fruit.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
EASY: Power walk around the circle.
MEDIUM: Side shuffle around the circle.
HARD: Crab walk around the circle.
Check out more active recess games from Asphalt Green's REP team: