Mix up indoor or outdoor fun with Fitness Relay, a popular Recess Enhancement Program (REP) game.
Who: Grades K-8
Time: 15 minutes+
Where: Auditorium, cafeteria, gymnasium, hallway, playground
Equipment: Cones or tape
How to Play
- Players line up standing 6 feet away from each other. The leader will split players into teams of three. Set up two cones in front of each team in a straight line to mark the start and end.
- The leader calls out an exercise (three pushups, five jumping jacks, eight toe touches). When the leader says, "Go!" the first player in line will run to the second cone and perform the exercise.
- After the player does the exercise, he or she runs to the back of the team's line and sits down. Then, the next player in goes.
- The first team to have all players sitting down wins!
Check for Understanding
- What do you do when you get back to your line?
- Where are you running to?
- Demonstrate a round before beginning the game.
Conflict Resolution Tip
- Have players cheer each other on.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
Medium: Hop on two feet.